Take a Friend Fishing Contest
For the fifth consecutive year, Colorado Parks and Wildlife and our partner Colorado fishing companies are encouraging anglers to take a friend fishing. As a reward for sharing your expertise and love of fishing, we’ve created a contest for mentors who take the time to pass on their knowledge. We are now offering prizes for the mentor as well as the mentee!
Mentors, take a beginner angler out or mentees encourage an experienced angler to teach you how to fish and enter to win some great prizes by submitting a photograph and brief story of your time on the water. Submissions will be judged by their ability to inspire.
Winners will be selected at three different times throughout the year (July, October & February). Contest winners will get to choose from the prizes listed below. Both the mentor as well as the mentee will receive a prize. All prizes retail between $300-$900!
- Mentor and mentee must be at least 21 years of age.
- Mentees must meet one of these criteria:
- Never had a fishing license until 2023
- Only had a fishing license in 2022 (e.g. a second year angler)
- Not had a fishing license in the past five consecutive years (i.e. since 2018)
- Contest participants must follow all applicable Colorado fishing regulations.
- Mentor must have had a Colorado fishing license before the start of the contest.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife reminds anglers that it is up to you to recreate responsibly. Plan to research and understand any specific guidance, ordinances, and restrictions in place for your favorite fishing spots – know before you go.