Take a Friend Fishing Contest
- Mentor and mentee must be at least 21 years of age.
- Mentees must meet one of these criteria:
- Never had a fishing license until 2022
- Only had a fishing license in 2021 (e.g. a second year angler)
- Not had a fishing license in the past five consecutive years (i.e. since 2017)
- Contest participants must follow all applicable Colorado fishing regulations.
- Mentor must have had a Colorado fishing license before the start of the contest.
- 6 hour guided boat fishing trip for two provided by Northern Colorado Fishing Outfitters – $475
- Full-day guided fly fishing trip for two on the Platte River near Denver provided by Trouts Fly Fishing – $550
- Cooler package: Soft sided YETI cooler and 60-quart polar cap cooler from Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s – $600
- Full beginner fly fishing set up (rod/reel combo, tippet, leaders, tools, and fly box with 60 files) from Ascent Fly Fishing – $400
- Full beginner spin-casting set up (rod/reel combo, net, and tackle box with over $300 worth of gear and lures) – $400
- Full ice fishing setups including; sled, auger, rods/reels, and pop up shelter – $600
- Premium fly fishing set up: Orvis rods with Ross Reels – $900
- Tenkara rods from Zen Tenkara – $300
- Belly boat with accessories (fins & pump) – $300
- Each winner will also receive a year subscription to Colorado Outdoors Magazine.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife reminds anglers that it is up to you to recreate responsibly. Plan to research and understand any specific guidance, ordinances, and restrictions in place for your favorite fishing spots – know before you go.