Take a Friend Hunting for a shot at great prizes
Colorado Parks and Wildlife, along with our hunting partners, is encouraging hunters to take a friend into the field. As a reward for taking the time to teach a new hunter, CPW has created a contest for mentors who pass on their knowledge. Take a novice hunter out and you will both be entered to win some great prizes by submitting a photograph and brief story about your experience. Submissions will be judged by their ability to inspire.
To Be Eligible
- Mentors must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and must hold a valid 2021 Colorado hunting license (the “hunting license”).
- Mentors must have held a Colorado hunting license in at least 3 of the last 5 years (2016-2020).
- Mentees must also be 18 or older at the time of entry and hold a valid 2021 Colorado hunting license.
- Mentees must also either have:
- never had a hunting license until 2021,
- only had a hunting license in 2020 (e.g. a second-year hunter) or
- not had a hunting license in the past five consecutive years (i.e., since 2016).
- Both individuals must follow rules and regulations in the 2021 Colorado Hunting Regulations; this includes possession of all appropriate licenses. Employees of Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible.
See the official rules.
Registration opens August 1, 2021 and will remain open until February 28, 2022. Prize drawings will be made by March 31, 2022.
Submit your story and photos today!
No purchase necessary to enter. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase the chances of winning.